I am an assistant professor at TU Delft, currently working in the CNS/ATM chair, Control and Simulation group, at the Aerospace Engineering Faculty. I am passionate about open-source , open science , and making air transportation more sustainable .
I was born in China and completed my bachelor’s degree in telecommunication at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. Then, I moved to Europe and obtained my master’s degree in aerospace at Polytechnic University of Catalonia. After that, I worked in Spain and France for a few years before continuing my doctoral research in the Netherlands, where I obtained my Ph.D. degree and currently work and live.
- Air traffic management
- Aircraft surveillance technologies
- Aircraft performance and emission modeling
- Trajectory optimization and prediction
- Data science and AI for aviation
- AE2223 (2017-): Test, Analysis & Simulation
- AE3200 (2020-): Design Synthesis
- CS4305TU (2020-): Applied Machine Learning
- 2019 - present: Assistant Professor, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2019 (Feb-Jul): Postdoc Researcher, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2015 - 2019: PhD Researcher, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2012 - 2015: Academic Program Coordinator, International Space University, Strasbourg, France
- 2011 - 2012: Aerospace Researcher, ASCAMM Technology Centre, Barcelona, Spain
- 2007 - 2011: Aerospace Engineer & IT Manager, Barcelona Aerospace Technology Centre, Spain
- 2015 - 2019: Ph.D., dissertation: Open aircraft performance modeling, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
- 2007 - 2010: M.Sc. of Aerospace Science and Technology, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona.
- 2003 - 2007: B.Sc. of Electronic and Information Technology, Beijing University of Post and Telecommunication, Beijing, China.
- 2020: Best paper award, 9th International Conference on Research in Air Transportation
- 2019: Young Scientist Award 2019, SESAR Joint Undertaking
- 2017: Best paper award, 12th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management Research and Development Seminar
- 2012: Young Leadership Award, Space Generation Advisory Council
- TU Delft data champion / open science community member (2019-present)
- Workers council, AE personnel committee member (2020-present)
- OpenSky Symposium program committee (2020), program chair (2021)
- Open Aviation Data initiative
© Copyright 2021 Junzi Sun