I am an assistant professor at TU Delft, currently working in the CNS/ATM chair, Control and Simulation group, at the Aerospace Engineering Faculty. I am passionate about open-source , open science , and making air transportation more sustainable .
I am the author of book The 1090 Megahertz Riddle, and creator of open-source libraries pyModeS and OpenAP.
Currently, I am also a Co- Principal Investigator for the Sustainable Aviation Lab, which is recently established by the Aerospace Engineering Faculty of TU Delft. We aim at producing more accurate local and global environmental assessment models and providing solutions that reduce air transport emissions.
- Air traffic management
- Aircraft surveillance technologies
- Aircraft performance and emission modeling
- Trajectory optimization and prediction
- Data science and AI for aviation
- CS4305TU (2020-): Applied Machine Learning
- AE4321 (2020-): Air Traffic Management
- AE2223 (2017-): Test, Analysis & Simulation
- AE3200 (2020): Design Synthesis
- 2019 - present: Assistant Professor, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2019 (Feb-Jul): Postdoc Researcher, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2015 - 2019: PhD Researcher, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2012 - 2015: Academic Program Coordinator, International Space University, Strasbourg, France
- 2011 - 2012: Aerospace Researcher, ASCAMM Technology Centre, Barcelona, Spain
- 2007 - 2011: Aerospace Engineer & IT Manager, Barcelona Aerospace Technology Centre, Spain
- 2015 - 2019: Ph.D., dissertation: Open aircraft performance modeling, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
- 2007 - 2010: M.Sc. of Aerospace Science and Technology, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona.
- 2003 - 2007: B.Sc. of Electronic and Information Technology, Beijing University of Post and Telecommunication, Beijing, China.
- 2020: Best paper award, 9th International Conference on Research in Air Transportation
- 2019: Young Scientist Award 2019, SESAR Joint Undertaking
- 2017: Best paper award, 12th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management Research and Development Seminar
- 2012: Young Leadership Award, Space Generation Advisory Council
- TU Delft data champion / open science community member (2019-present)
- Workers council, AE personnel committee member (2020-present)
- OpenSky Symposium program committee (2020), program chair (2021)
- Open Aviation Data initiative
© Copyright 2021 Junzi Sun